- Salesforce sent out a notification in April about upcoming changes in the summer ’21 release where they will automatically turn on the requirement for external users to verify an email address change
- Now that you’re on the summer ’21 release, this means if anyone changes their email address on the foundationConnect portal, they will get an email to verify they made that change.
- The grantee must then click the link in that email to sync that update with their email address on the user record, which is the email address to which Salesforce sends any password resets.
What does this mean for me?
1. If a staff member or any internal Salesforce user changes the email address of a contact and that contact has a log in to the fC portal, nothing happens and everything still syncs correctly.
2. If you are on fC portal package 11.44 and newer: When an applicant/grantee goes to change their email address in their PROFILE (or contact tab if embedded into applications), they will get an email asking them to verify the change. They must click the link to sync the change from the contact to user record (the one Salesforce uses to send password resets).
3. If you are on fC portal package 11.42 and older: When an applicant/grantee goes to change their email address in their PROFILE (or contact tab if embedded into applications), nothing happens. Staff will have to manually change the user’s email address linked to their contact.
Choose your own adventure!
- If you are using fC package 11.44 and newer: add instructional text to the contact profile and EACH application’s embedded contact tab saying something like “If you change your email address, you will get a confirmation email to verify the change. You must click the link to verify the email change or you will not be able to reset your password in the future”
- Open App Launcher, search for and click on CustomHTML Records, click on the record called GranteeProfile and edit the Description field
- Open the Community Manager and edit EACH application (that has the contact tab embedded). Click on the contact tab, click pencil icon next to the tab name and edit the InstructionText
- If you are using fC package 11.42 or earlier – you can either:
- A: Upgrade to the latest version. We highly recommend you carefully consider the release notes first.
- B: Create an automated notification to the grants manager or system admin whenever a contact changes their own email address so staff can then go and update their user email manually