ACSM saves staff time with automations.
Our small non-profit Foundation had very little familiarity with Salesforce, but the Sputnik Moment team explained the complexities of Salesforce/foundationConnect and trained us to the point where we feel very capable to manage the new system. As a team, they were quick to respond to questions or troubleshoot any issues, and they worked with us to analyze our old processes so that we captured the essential components while making several needed enhancements along the way.
NameMARIE LEWIS - Programs Coordinator
The American College of Sports Medicine Foundation funds groundbreaking research and collaboration that drives innovation and progress across different dimensions of science, practice, education and policy around in the exercise science and sports medicine profession.
- Previous grant management program coded through a third party vendor offered no ability to make customizations in-house
- Data export only through a SQL tool with limited access to tables
- Request-centric system that was limited in visibility to grantee history or contact relations
- Duplication of efforts in reviewing grants
- Trustee meetings required staff member to type all the decisions in a spreadsheet which were then manually added to the system
- No grantee portal– everything mailed or emailed, proposal documents sent to third party vendor, loaded onto CD’s, then put into system
- Customized profiles to allow grants manager ease of use while limiting program officers’ ability to edit sensitive fields
- Docket views that could be entered directly into database during trustee meeting
- Better automation of the Board Book creation using the Conga Composer solution
- Phased implementation to provide smooth transitio
- Applications can now come in through portal. Grant seekers can keep track of proposal status, and the Foundation can notify grant seekers more quickly if there is missing information.
- Attachments are managed via the portal eliminating need the need for document scanning
- Reduced time copying and pasting of documents in preparation for board meetings
- Program officers no longer have to rely on grants manager for reports and other vital pieces of information
- Administrators have a wide range of ability to customize system elements